Name | Marcus Avraham |
DOB | 26/03/1943 (73 years) |
Occupation | Retired Librarian |
History | I have prostate cancer and have at least 2 years left. It is managed with hormone therapy and I have had radiotherapy to the metastases in my back. I have had increasing shoulder and upper back pain which is there continuously and which wakes me up at night. It is a dull to sharp pain that is worsened on movement. It doesn't move anywhere and nothing helps with the pain, despite trying regular paracetamol. It is 8/10 in severity. I have no other symptoms. I am worried this means my prostate cancer is more aggressive and it will mean I have less time to live. |
Past Medical History | Hypertensive, Hypercholesterolaemia |
Drug History | Amlodipine, Atorvastatin, Paracetamol. No allergies. |
Family History | Nil |
Social History | I have little support as I live alone and my children live too far to help. I find it difficult to shower, get ready in the morning and increasingly difficult to cook. I am in severe need of help. I am not spiritual. |
Introduces yourself | 0 | 1 | |
Confirms name & age of patient | 0 | 1 | |
Explains reason for consultation & builds rapport | 0 | 1 | |
Gains consent | 0 | 1 | |
Briefly clarifies long term diagnosis, management and prognosis | 0 | 1 | |
Asks open question | 0 | 1 | |
Site of pain | 0 | 1 | |
Onset and time course of pain | 0 | 1 | |
Character of pain | 0 | 1 | |
Radiation of pain | 0 | 1 | |
Exacerbating/alleviating factors of pain | 0 | 1 | |
Severity of pain | 0 | 1 | |
Screens for breathlessness | 0 | 1 | |
Screens for constipation | 0 | 1 | |
Screens for anorexia | 0 | 1 | |
Screens for nausea & vomiting | 0 | 1 | |
Elicits past medical history | 0 | 1 | |
Elicits drug history | 0 | 1 | |
Checks for allergies | 0 | 1 | |
Establishes what patient has tried so far for symptoms | 0 | 1 | |
Discusses pain management (massage/TENS, analgesic ladder, adjuvants) | 0 | 1 | |
Suggests to patient that they may need further tests to identify cause (giving examples) | 0 | 1 | |
Asks about spiritual or religious beliefs and whether support is wanted | 0 | 1 | |
Asks about social support and mentions services available (e.g. McMillan) | 0 | 1 | |
Explores and responds to ideas | 0 | 1 | |
Explores and responds to concerns | 0 | 1 | |
Explores and responds to expectations | 0 | 1 | |
Shows empathy | 0 | 1 | |
Avoids jargon | 0 | 1 | |
Summarises back to patient | 0 | 1 | |
Thanks patient | 0 | 1 | |
Patient global score | 0 | 1 | 2 |
0 Comments
Post a Comment