Name | Luciana Rivera |
DOB | 16/06/1984 (31 years) |
Occupation | Publisher |
History | I am very talkative. I have been feeling under the weather, with some fever and I have noticed that I have gone yellow all over. I thought it could be because I drink but thought I should get it checked up. If asked directly and assured about confidentiality, I admit that during my business trip to Africa 5 weeks ago I slept with a few women. I paid for the sex and it was unprotected. I deny any other symptoms. I deny any intravenous drug use, transfusions abroad or tattoos. |
Past Medical History | If asked directly, admits to several sexually transmitted infections that have been treated. No other conditions |
Drug History | None. Allergy to penicillin which causes anaphylaxis |
Family History | My father had inflammatory bowel disease and type 2 diabetes. My mother is well |
Social History | Smoke around 5 cigarettes per day for 10 years. I have at the most two cans of regular strength beer every few days when I am watching football. Occasionally I may drink more when I am at the pub on the weekend |
Introduces yourself | 0 | 1 | |
Confirms name, age & occupation of patient | 0 | 1 | |
Explains reason for consultation & builds rapport | 0 | 1 | |
Gains consent | 0 | 1 | |
Asks open question | 0 | 1 | |
Establishes duration and trigger (if present) | 0 | 1 | |
Establishes evolution (onset to now) | 0 | 1 | |
Establishes time course (worsening, continuous, intermittent in Gilbert's syndrome) | 0 | 1 | |
Identifies red flags: painless jaundice, weight loss, loss of appetite | 0 | 1 | |
Asks for any recent illness, fever or any family members/contacts with similar symptoms | 0 | 1 | |
Asks for gallstone/obstructive symptoms: abdominal pain, pale stool, dark urine, pruritus, steatorrhoea | 0 | 1 | |
Asks for liver symptoms: abdominal or ankle swelling, easy bruising, confusion, sleep-night reversal | 0 | 1 | |
Asks for associated features: joint pain, lethargy, skin hyperpigmentation | 0 | 1 | |
Identifies risk factors for viral hepatitis (intravenous drug user particularly needle sharing, blood transfusions outside the UK, tattoos, piercing, needle stick injuries) | 0 | 1 | |
Takes brief sexual history signposting before doing this | 0 | 1 | |
Elicits past medical history (specifically asking for previous jaundice, diabetes, haemolytic anaemia, inflammatory bowel disease, heart failure, autoimmune disorders) | 0 | 1 | |
Elicits family history (specifically asking for viral hepatitis, autoimmune hepatitis, liver cancer) | 0 | 1 | |
Elicits drug history (specifically hepatitis B and C immunisation, antibiotics, tuberculosis medication, antiepileptics, herbal medication) | 0 | 1 | |
Asks for any foreign travel and consumption of raw food | 0 | 1 | |
Checks for allergies | 0 | 1 | |
Checks if patient smokes or drinks | 0 | 1 | |
Asks if any history of illicit drug use | 0 | 1 | |
Explores and responds to ideas | 0 | 1 | |
Explores and responds to concerns | 0 | 1 | |
Explores and responds to expectations | 0 | 1 | |
Shows empathy | 0 | 1 | |
Avoids jargon | 0 | 1 | |
Summarises back to patient | 0 | 1 | |
Thanks patient | 0 | 1 | |
Patient global score | 0 | 1 | 2 |
Gives reasonable differential diagnosis (Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, Hepatitis A, Alcoholic Liver Disease) | 0 | 1 |
2 Comments
You've put 'smoked 5 a day for 30 years' but the patient is only 31...
ReplyDeleteApologies! I agree that 30 years would be impressive. I've updated it :) thanks so much for pointing it out!
DeletePost a Comment