Name | Rohit Clark |
DOB | 09/11/1953 (61 years) |
Occupation | Financial director |
History | I am a talkative person who needs to be interrupted. I had a really sudden, really painful pain in the centre of my chest. It was so bad that I lost consciousness which was embarrassing as I was in a meeting at the time. It was a tearing pain that moved to my back. The pain was 10/10 in severity if not 11/10. Nothing made it worse or better. If pressed, I remember feeling a little dizzy before I collapsed and this feeling that I was going to die. When I regained consciousness I was not confused. I cannot think of anything that triggered this pain. |
Past Medical History | I have never suffered from chest pain or any other diseases. I am not aware of having high blood pressure but the rest of my family does have it. |
Drug History | Nil |
Family History | My father, mother and brother all have very high blood pressure. I have been meaning to get it checked. |
Social History | I do smoke around 10 per day but I don't drink. The smoking is just to cope with stress. I do not take recreational drugs. I live with my wife who I would really like to call and have so far been unable to do so. |
Introduces yourself | 0 | 1 | |
Confirms name & age of patient | 0 | 1 | |
Explains reason for consultation & builds rapport | 0 | 1 | |
Gains consent | 0 | 1 | |
Asks open question | 0 | 1 | |
Establishes site | 0 | 1 | |
Asks about onset | 0 | 1 | |
Elicits character of pain | 0 | 1 | |
Asks if pain radiates | 0 | 1 | |
Asks for nausea and sweating | 0 | 1 | 2 |
Asks for shortness of breath | 0 | 1 | |
Asks for palpitations | 0 | 1 | |
Asks for loss of consciousness and dizziness | 0 | 1 | 2 |
Asks for loss of sensation, balance, vision and weakness | 0 | 1 | 2 |
Asks for seizure and confusion following waking up | 0 | 1 | |
Asks for fever, cough | 0 | 1 | |
Asks for heartburn/abdominal pain | 0 | 1 | |
Enquires about exacerbating factors including physical activity | 0 | 1 | |
Enquires about alleviating factors including rest | 0 | 1 | |
Asks about duration and changes to pain over time | 0 | 1 | |
Checks severity of pain | 0 | 1 | |
Asks about previous chest pain | 0 | 1 | |
Asks about recent illness and past medical history | 0 | 1 | 2 |
Asks specifically for previous heart disease, stroke, diabetes, high cholesterol, hypertension and asthma | 0 | 1 | |
Asks about any family history of disease | 0 | 1 | |
Asks specifically if any family members have had cardiac disease below <55 years, cardiac disease, pulmonary embolism or sudden death | 0 | 1 | |
Establishes any drugs patient is on | 0 | 1 | |
Asks if patient has any allergies | 0 | 1 | |
Asks if patient smokes, drinks or takes recreational drugs | 0 | 1 | |
Asks about diet and lifestyle | 0 | 1 | |
Elicits patients occupation | 0 | 1 | |
Explores and responds to ideas | 0 | 1 | |
Explores and responds to concerns | 0 | 1 | 2 |
Explores and responds to expectations | 0 | 1 | |
Shows empathy | 0 | 1 | |
Avoids jargon | 0 | 1 | |
Summarises back to patient | 0 | 1 | |
Thanks patient | 0 | 1 | |
Patient global score | 0 | 1 | 2 |
Gives reasonable differential diagnosis (aortic dissection, myocardial infarction, aortic valve disease) | 0 | 1 |
0 Comments
Post a Comment