Name | Andrew Clark |
DOB | 09/11/1963 (52 years) |
Occupation | Financial director |
History | I am quite frustrated to have been kept waiting, as I am very important within my firm and cannot afford to waste time. I have been experiencing pain in the centre of my chest for 2 months, however I do not think this is a big deal. It affects me when I exert myself, doing things such as running to catch a bus or walking briskly particularly when it is cold. Once I sit down, the pain resolves quite quickly. The pain has worsened over the last 2 months and is about 4-5/10, however it does not occur at rest. The pain does not move anywhere. I have not had any shortness of breath, palpitations, nausea, vomiting, cough, fever or any other symptoms. |
Past Medical History | I have never been tested for diabetes or had my cholesterol checked. My blood pressure is high so I have been trying to cut down on my salt. I have no other medical conditions. |
Drug History | Nil |
Family History | My parents both had diabetes. My mother died of a stroke and my father died of a heart attack in his early fifties. I don't have any siblings. There are no other medical conditions that run in the family. |
Social History | I smoke 20 cigarettes a day. I have to drink quite frequently when I see clients or go out after work. I am not sure exactly how much I drink but it's probably not a lot. I don't take any recreational drugs. I don't exercise much and my diet consists of a lot of take outs because I am very stressed for time. |
Introduces yourself | 0 | 1 | |
Confirms name & age of patient | 0 | 1 | |
Explains reason for consultation & builds rapport | 0 | 1 | |
Gains consent | 0 | 1 | |
Asks open question | 0 | 1 | |
Establishes site | 0 | 1 | |
Asks about onset | 0 | 1 | |
Elicits character of pain | 0 | 1 | |
Asks if pain radiates | 0 | 1 | |
Asks for nausea and sweating | 0 | 1 | 2 |
Asks for shortness of breath | 0 | 1 | |
Asks for palpitations | 0 | 1 | |
Excludes loss of consciousness and dizziness | 0 | 1 | 2 |
Excludes heartburn | 0 | 1 | 2 |
Asks for fever, cough | 0 | 1 | |
Asks for heartburn/abdominal pain | 0 | 1 | |
Enquires about exacerbating factors including physical activity | 0 | 1 | |
Enquires about alleviating factors including rest | 0 | 1 | |
Asks about duration and changes to pain over time | 0 | 1 | |
Checks severity of pain | 0 | 1 | |
Asks about previous chest pain | 0 | 1 | |
Asks about recent illness and past medical history | 0 | 1 | 2 |
Asks specifically for previous heart disease, stroke, diabetes, high cholesterol, hypertension and asthma | 0 | 1 | |
Asks about any family history of disease | 0 | 1 | |
Asks specifically if any family members have had cardiac disease below <55 years, cardiac disease, pulmonary embolism or sudden death | 0 | 1 | |
Establishes any drugs patient is on | 0 | 1 | |
Asks if patient has any allergies | 0 | 1 | |
Asks if patient smokes, drinks or takes recreational drugs | 0 | 1 | |
Asks about diet and lifestyle | 0 | 1 | |
Elicits patients occupation | 0 | 1 | |
Explores and responds to ideas | 0 | 1 | |
Explores and responds to concerns | 0 | 1 | 2 |
Explores and responds to expectations | 0 | 1 | |
Shows empathy | 0 | 1 | |
Avoids jargon | 0 | 1 | |
Summarises back to patient | 0 | 1 | |
Thanks patient | 0 | 1 | |
Patient global score | 0 | 1 | 2 |
Gives reasonable differential diagnosis (angina pectoris, aortic valve disease, myocardial infarction) | 0 | 1 |
0 Comments
Post a Comment