Name | David Anderson |
DOB | 10/10/1956 (58 years) |
Occupation | Banker |
History | 5 hours ago I developed a central crushing chest pain. It began whilst I was watching TV, snacking on some crisps, and became really severe really quickly. It moves to my left shoulder. At first I thought it was heart burn because I was feeling quite sick, but I think it might be a stomach bug because I've also been sweating. I do not have any other symptoms. I don't usually do physical activity to know if I get chest pain when I exercise. The only thing that made it better was this spray thing and oxygen I was given in the ambulance. I don't think it could get any worse. |
Past Medical History | I have never been tested for diabetes or had my cholesterol checked. My blood pressure is high so I have been trying to cut down on my salt. I have no other medical conditions. |
Drug History | Nil |
Family History | My parents both had diabetes. My mother died of a stroke and my father died of a heart attack in his early fifties. I don't have any siblings. There are no other medical conditions that run in the family. |
Social History | I smoke 20 cigarettes a day. I have to drink quite frequently when I see clients or go out after work. I am not sure exactly how much I drink but it's probably not a lot. I don't take any recreational drugs. I don't exercise much and my diet consists of a lot of take outs because I am very stressed for time. |
Introduces self | 0 | 1 | |
Confirms name & age of patient | 0 | 1 | |
Explains reason for consultation & builds rapport | 0 | 1 | |
Gains consent | 0 | 1 | |
Asks open question | 0 | 1 | |
Establishes site | 0 | 1 | |
Asks about onset | 0 | 1 | |
Elicits character of pain | 0 | 1 | |
Asks if pain radiates | 0 | 1 | |
Asks for associated symptoms of nausea, sweating, loss of consciousness and shortness of breath | 0 | 1 | 2 |
Excludes palpitations, fever, cough, recent calf pain | 0 | 1 | |
Excludes heartburn and abdominal pain | 0 | 1 | |
Enquires about exacerbating factors including physical activity, chest tenderness | 0 | 1 | |
Enquires about alleviating factors including rest and GTN spray | 0 | 1 | |
Asks patient to rate severity of pain | 0 | 1 | |
Asks about previous chest pain | 0 | 1 | |
Asks about recent illnesses and past medical history | 0 | 1 | |
Asks specifically for previous heart disease, stroke, diabetes, high cholesterol, hypertension | 0 | 1 | 2 |
Asks about any family history of disease | 0 | 1 | |
Asks specifically if any family members have had cardiac disease below <55 years, diabetes, high blood cholesterol | 0 | 1 | 2 |
Establishes any drugs patient is on | 0 | 1 | |
Asks if patient has any allergies | 0 | 1 | |
Asks if patient smokes, drinks or takes recreational drugs | 0 | 1 | 2 |
Asks about diet and lifestyle | 0 | 1 | |
Elicits patients occupation | 0 | 1 | |
Explores and responds to ideas | 0 | 1 | |
Explores and responds to concerns | 0 | 1 | |
Explores and responds to expectations | 0 | 1 | |
Shows empathy | 0 | 1 | |
Avoids jargon | 0 | 1 | |
Summarises back to patient | 0 | 1 | |
Thanks patient | 0 | 1 | |
Patient global score | 0 | 1 | 2 |
Gives reasonable differential diagnosis (myocardial infarction, acute coronary syndrome, aortic dissection etc) | 0 | 1 |
0 Comments
Post a Comment