Name | Baljit Kaur |
DOB | 10/04/1989 (25 years) |
Occupation | Postman |
History | I am very anxious as 3 days ago I began experiencing a sharp pain in my chest that lasts a few seconds each time. I am convinced that I am having a heart attack like my father had. It is right over my heart. It moves to the neck. The pain is worse when I cough or lie down. It is better when I lean forward. I have no other symptoms. It is around 6/10 in severity. Yesterday I took some paracetamol which helped. If asked, admits to having the flu last week with symptoms of fatigue, fever, cough and runny nose. |
Past Medical History | Nil |
Drug History | Occasional paracetamol |
Family History | Father died of heart attack 2 weeks ago |
Social History | I do not smoke and I drink occasionally. I have been quite stressed since my father passed away because I am worried I will also have a heart attack. I used to exercise a lot but I have recently let myself go. I used to walk a lot on the job but now I have to use a van. I don't take any recreational drugs. |
Introduces yourself | 0 | 1 | |
Confirms name & age of patient | 0 | 1 | |
Explains reason for consultation & builds rapport | 0 | 1 | |
Gains consent | 0 | 1 | |
Asks open question | 0 | 1 | |
Establishes site | 0 | 1 | |
Asks about onset | 0 | 1 | |
Elicits character of pain | 0 | 1 | |
Asks if pain radiates | 0 | 1 | |
Asks for associated symptoms of fever, cough and nausea | 0 | 1 | 2 |
Asks for associated symptoms of shortness of breath, palpitations,loss of consciousness | 0 | 1 | 2 |
Excludes heartburn and abdominal pain | 0 | 1 | |
Enquires about exacerbating factors including physical activity, lying down, coughing and chest tenderness | 0 | 1 | 2 |
Enquires about alleviating factors including rest, leaning forward, painkillers | 0 | 1 | |
Asks patient to rate severity of pain | 0 | 1 | |
Asks about previous chest pain | 0 | 1 | |
Asks about recent illnesses | 0 | 1 | |
Asks specifically for recent illness, surgery and calf pain or leg swelling | 0 | 1 | 2 |
Asks about any family history of disease | 0 | 1 | |
Asks specifically if any family members have had any pulmonary embolisms or clots | 0 | 1 | 2 |
Establishes any drugs patient is on | 0 | 1 | |
Asks if patient has any allergies | 0 | 1 | |
Asks if patient smokes, drinks or takes recreational drugs | 0 | 1 | 2 |
Asks about diet and lifestyle | 0 | 1 | |
Asks about any recent travel | 0 | 1 | |
Elicits patients occupation | 0 | 1 | |
Explores and responds to ideas | 0 | 1 | |
Explores and responds to concerns | 0 | 1 | |
Explores and responds to expectations | 0 | 1 | |
Shows empathy | 0 | 1 | |
Avoids jargon | 0 | 1 | |
Summarises back to patient | 0 | 1 | |
Thanks patient | 0 | 1 | |
Patient global score | 0 | 1 | 2 |
Gives reasonable differential diagnosis (pericarditis, anxiety, musculoskeletal etc) | 0 | 1 |
0 Comments
Post a Comment