Name | Charlotte Coombs |
DOB | 03/04/1961 (64 years) |
Occupation | Housewife |
History | My husband wanted me to come in today because he was worried about me. I’ve had some difficulty moving around the house and I think I might have arthritis, as I feel quite stiff. My husband says I have become ‘slower’ but I am not too sure what he means. My main issue is that my hands keep shaking when I am relaxing, which is quite embarrassing as people, including my husband, ask me if I am anxious. I’ve noticed this for a few months now, but it seems to have gotten worse. It doesn’t seem to be an issue when I am trying to cook or do things around the house though. |
Past Medical History | Hypertension |
Drug History | Amlodipine, allergic to peanuts |
Family History | Mum has Alzheimer’s disease, Dad died of an MI (70 years) |
Social History | Non-smoker, drinks rarely – at Christmas etc., no recreational drug use. Lives with spouse, has 2 children. |
Introduction and consent | |
Name, age, occupation | |
Presenting complaint | |
History of Presenting Complaint (duration, onset, any triggers, progression, worse at a specific time of the day, bilateral) | |
Previous episodes or recent illnesses | |
Any associated features (tremor, rigidity, bradykinesia, falls, sleep disturbance, smaller writing, hallucinations/memory problems, dizziness on standing up, falls/visual disturbance, loss of sensation/weakness/headaches), palpitations/heat intolerance | |
Red flags: headache (worse on coughing/bending/with vomiting), loss of consciousness, recent trauma | |
Constitutional symptoms (fever, weight loss, malaise, loss of appetite) | |
Past Medical History | |
Family History | |
Drug History and allergies | |
Social History (smoking, alcohol & withdrawal, drugs) | |
Ideas e.g. “Was there anything you thought it might be?” | |
Concerns e.g. “What about it is worrying you in particular?” | |
Expectations e.g. “Is there anything in particular you’re hoping we could do for you?” | |
Summarises and thanks patient | |
Offer differentials (Parkinson’s, LWBD, essential tremor, anxiety, MSA, supranuclear palsy, hyperthyroidism) and appropriate follow up (imaging, neurology clinic) |
0 Comments
Post a Comment